War Party – Westward Expansion
Before you read:
- What is “History”?
- What is “Fiction”?
- What is Historical Fiction?
- Who were Lewis & Clark?
- Use the folliwng terms and the story’s title, WAR PARTY, to make predictions about what might happen inthe story.
- pioneers, wagon train, prairie, the Sioux, buffalo
While you read, take notes and write answers to the following questions:
- Continue to make and remake your predictions (3+):
- Record new clues from the test that make you make prediction(s).
- Record your prediction(s).
- Record your reactions and outcomes uncovered as you read on.
- EXTRA CREDIT: Find examples of the following Literary Devices/techniques:
- Tone, Mood, Characterization, Conflict, Simile, Metaphor, Cause/Effect, Generalization, Rhyme, Imagery
- FOCUS: What did the bravery of Lewis & CLark do for you?
After you read:
- What did the bravery of Lewis and Clark do for you?
- Answer the following Questions from Page 753 in LOL. You must write complete sentence answers which include the following: (1) reword the question in the answer, (2) give your answer, (3) details to support your answer.
- Connect to the Literature – #1
- Think Critically – #2, #3, #4
- Extend Interpretation – #5, #7
Latest posts by Mr Moshé (see all)
- Hurricane Florence Safe School UPDATE - September 11, 2018
- The Hobbit – Chapters 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 – Finish the book at HOME. - May 3, 2018
- The Hobbit Chapters 1-4 - March 9, 2018