Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad
Before you read:
- What is “Biography”?
- Who was Harriet Tubman?
- What is the difference between the Underground Railroad” and a subway?
While you read, take notes and write answers to the following questions
- What motivated Harriet Tubman to help enslaved people?
- What motivated slaves to make the dangerous journey?
- Do Literatrue Circle Jobs (If you’re ina group of five, drop any one job):
- 1 Vocabulary Highlighter
- 1 Travel Tracker
- 1 Illustrator
- 2 Connection Makers
- 2 Passage Pointers
- FOCUS Question: Think about this throughout the reading.
- What did the life and actions of Harriet Tubman do for you?
After you read:
- How did the lives of the ex-slaves change when they settled in Canada?
- Answer the following Questions from Page 766 in LOL. You must write complete sentence answers which include the following: (1) reword the question in the answer, (2) give your answer, (3) details to support your answer.
- Connect to the Literature – #1 (What do you think?),
- Think Critically – #2, #3, #4,
- Extend Interpretation – #6
Latest posts by Mr Moshé (see all)
- Hurricane Florence Safe School UPDATE - September 11, 2018
- The Hobbit – Chapters 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 – Finish the book at HOME. - May 3, 2018
- The Hobbit Chapters 1-4 - March 9, 2018