Results are in!!!!!! STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY these words. PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEE.

misgovern, mordant, hospice, tyrannical, exultant, volition, threnody, feigning, reluctantly, emphatically

There was some discussion about the spelling of feigning, and it is in fact spelled f-e-i-g-n-i-n-g . Thanks for checking on this.

——————————————–

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.

——————————————–
Allow me to remind you

• I am not giving credit to people who offer definitions with a form of the word in the definition.
  • I am also not giving credit for SYNONYMS as definitions. Synonyms can be used for EXTRA CREDIT.

And, consider this, if I don’t know what awkward means, I STILL don’t know what awkwardly means. Get it? See below.

• Awkwardly – (adv.) when something is done in an awkward way. So, you may very well be able to start voting for the actual test words

THIS WEEK. The sooner I have most of the words posted, the sooner I can open it up to voting. Today in class, you read to find one (1) word in your own personal reading that I might have chosen to include on a vocabulary list. Remember, it should not be specialized field specific terminology. The following pertinent information had to be recorded in your notebook: The actual sentence from the passage with your word underlined with proper citation (Book or Magazine or Article Title and Issue, Author, Page #) Definition & Part of Speech (as used in the sentence) Forms of the word (and their parts of speech)

FOR INSTANCE:

WORD: exuberant (adjective) abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.

SENTENCE: The exuberant crowd jumped out of its seats when the goal was scored.

FORMS: ex·u·ber·ant·ly adverb; o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective; o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb; un·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective; un·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb

SO, with your help, we selected 5 words from each block for a total of 15 words on the list. I really really really really hope more of you get ready for the test THIS time. More people prepared this time than ever before. Let’s keep this growth up! The master list for the 6th Vocabulary Test will be posted by the end of today. If your word was chosen, you must post the pertinent information for your word to this discussion. NOW.