About Mr. Moshé
A Highly Qualified Teacher & Leader
Parents, please visit the following pages to find:
- My Methods, Philosophy (as related to teaching), Your Child & You
- Discipline, Me, Your Child & You
- Reading, Your Child & You
Address – Leave a comment with a reason why you need this.
Cell Phone – Leave a comment with a reason why you need this.
E-mails – Leave a comment with a reason why you need this.
- Times of Israel Blogger
- 2007 University of Phoenix (online campus), Phoenix, AZ (online) – MA Ed. Administration & Supervision
- State of North Carolina Professional Educator’s License
- Principal (Grades K-12)
- Middle Grades Language Arts (Grades 6-9)
- July 2008 – June 30, 2014
- Valid through June 30, 2019
- Recently Updated Charlotte-Mecklenberg Schools – Transcript <— Click that. Always growing.
Historically Significant Professional Development & Involvement
- 1998 – 2008 School Improvement & Accountability Committee Member
- 1999 – 2001 ESOL Endorsement Workshops
- Curriculum Materials & Development
- Testing & Evaluation
- Applied Linguistics
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Methods of Teaching ESOL
- 1999 6-Traits of Writing
- 2000 Writer’s Workshop
- 2001 – 2002 PADEIA I & II (Socratic Methods)
- 2001 Middle Schools Conquer the FCAT
- 2002 FL DOE FCAT Item Review Committee – FCAT TEST DESIGN
- 2002 FL DOE FCAT Passage Review Committee – FCAT TEST DESIGN
- 2002 Strategies for Integrating Holocaust Curriculum Across the Curriculum
- 2002 Writing with Support & Elaboration
- 2003 Teacher Institute on Holocaust Studies (CERTIFICATE)
- 2003 Integrating & Infusing Holocaust Studies/Middle
- 2003 Strategies for Teaching Character Education
- 2003 FCAT Writing for Middle Schools
- 2003 Literature Circles Workshop
- 2003 Literary Fair Coordinators Workshop
- 2003 Middle & High School Critical Content Writing Level I
- 2003 Middle & High School Critical Content Writing Level II
- 2004 Broward New Literature Series – Core Works 6-12
- 2004 National Board Certification Candidate (not achieved)
- 2004 Digital Education Teacher Academy
- 2005 Literary Fair Coordinators Workshop
- 2005 – 2008 Westpine Pinnacle Train the Trainer: Basics, Phase I, Phase II
- District Technology Refresh Train the Trainer – Mobile Laptop Carts
- 2007 Promethean Board Trainer & Training
- 2007 Instructional Coach Professional Development Workshop
- Extracurricular Activities: Swimming, hiking, reading, blogging, music
1998 to Present – Honors Language Arts Teacher ( 6-8 ); Advanced/Gifted Reading Teacher ( 8 )
- Used differentiated instructional methods to ensure equity for all students.
- Taught writing, reading, literature and poetic forms to 7th and 8th graders.
- Taught the Holocaust, Black History, Reading, Writing, Literary & Poetic Forms
- Modeled proper methods in all areas of learning, and was mindful of learning styles
- Changed teaching methods relative to student needs; applied varying modes and methods of instruction as appropriate for situation and/or unit
- Used individual, cooperative, peer, workshop, seminar and other situations to facilitate learning.
- Implemented portfolio grading systems for essay writing samples and a poetry unit.
- Followed all Florida Department of Education Sunshine State Standards.
- Included all Florida Department of Education Sunshine State Standards in lesson plans
- Included an array of teaching practices to accommodate ESOL, Gifted, and Advanced students.
- Used Daily Journals with students in a variety of ways
- Met needs of students with exceptionalities relative to Individual Education Plan (IEP) & 504 report requirements as mandated.
- Used a combination of 6+1 Traits “point-of-focus” Grading System and FL DOE Holistic Assessment Systems for writing instruction and assessment
- Tutored students before and after school as needed.
- Made oral presentations that were clear and easy to understand
- Used disaggregated data to ensure proper individual instruction as the academic year progressed.
- Implemented strategies for improving teaching and learning – put improvement efforts into action.
- Dealt tactfully with parents, teachers, students, and community members in emotionally stressful situations or in conflict
- Communicated praise as well as difficulties to students and parents throughout the school year.
- Maintained classroom control using positive assertive discipline methods; allowed students to be human beings.
- Planned, organized and chaperoned extra-curricular activities such as curriculum-extending outings, sports, field trips, community-based gatherings
- Designed, Maintained, and Moderated Blog Website to satisfy district 2010 technology goals
- Integrated all available technology for teaching and learning into teaching approach: digital still camera, digital video camera, LCD Projector, Promethean Board, Apple (MAC) Powerbook G4, Wireless Microphone, Advanced (MAC) Software, Printer, Airport (MAC), DVD Player, iPod & other MP3 Player
- Developed original units of study for many literature genres: Adventure, Biography, Romance, Coming-of-Age, Women’s Fiction, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Horror, Literary, Mainstream, Crime, Historical Fiction, Alternate History
- Deployed assignments through website taking care to maintain equity in education for those with limited access to technology.
- Achieved unprecedented student participation in my classroom
Language Arts Department Chair (2006-08) & Instructional Coach (2007-08) Language Arts Lead Teacher (2006 – Present)
- Set Appropriate Instructional Direction with colleagues
- Provided direction within department in achieving stated school mission and vision goals
- Designed and led technology trainings for entire school faculty and administration
- Designed engaging, challenging, SSS aligned curriculum for use in all Language Arts classes.
- Created stepped Writing Curriculum Maps for 6th through 8th grades
- Created online resources for Language Arts, Reading, Social Studies Departmental Use
- Made regular observations of all veteran language arts teachers & new educators
- Used a brief classroom walkthrough format, as well as formal 15-30 minute sessions to assess strengths and weaknesses in SIX domain: Planning, Classroom Management, Instructional Organization and Development, Content/Subject Matter, Communication, and Assessment
- Used Continuing Improvement Process for consultation, observation, and goal determinations with colleagues
- Coached new educators toward quality lesson design and effective classroom management when necessary
- Coached and helped colleagues regularly
- Suggested strategies for improving teaching and learning
- Provided specific feedback based on observations and data
- Viewed as the “GO TO Guy”
- Worked collaboratively with other department heads to coordinate curriculum designs
- Coordinated development of Standardized Test Preparation Materials in Reading, Writing, Math, Science
- Designed technology curriculum for Standardized Test Preparation in Reading, Math, and Writing
- Collaborated with other department heads and administration to develop a school improvement plan in line with district goals
- Assumed responsibilities and recognized when decisions were required
- Took prompt action as issues emerged
- Assigned appropriate priority to significant issues
- Exercised appropriate caution in making decisions and in taking action
- Resolved short-term issues while balancing them against long-term objectives
- Made oral presentations that were clear and easy to understand
- Knew what to delegate and to whom; knew what information to communicate and to whom
- Dealt tactfully with others in emotionally stressful situations or in conflict
- Expressed ideas clearly in writing
- Wrote appropriately for different audiences
- Planned and scheduled one’s own and the work of others so that resources were used appropriately
- Modeled and encouraged behaviors that moved groups toward task completion
- Made research-backed data-driven curriculum decisions
- Spending time with my family while Gardening, Reading, Writing, Hiking, Musicing (Zat a word?), Blogging
Latest posts by Mr Moshé (see all)
- The Hobbit Chapters 1-4 and on . . . - March 9, 2018
- The Hobbit Chapter 1 – Vocabulary, Guided Reading, Summary (SWBST), Discussion Topic - February 18, 2018
- J.R.R. Tolkien – The Hobbit – The man, the time, the genre, the book - February 18, 2018