I thought it would be a good idea for me to have some detailed knowledge across the curriculum of BEST PRACTICES so i could refer to some stuff I know something about (rather than just throw some terminology out there) on the SLLA exam.

I started with a GOOGLE SEARCHES in each subject area. Then I went through the results looking for what I would deem authoritative out there on the net. I generally tried to go  with school district websites, educationally professional websites and blogs, and non-school district research-based (when possible peer-reviewed) results. I did not use, although I could have, online research resources such as infotrac, proquest, etc. My searching was more fluid and organic this way. The lists below are, as all knowledge will always be, incomplete.

If you find something missing, a link dead, or any other concern you feel needs to be addressed, please post a comment to this page, and I will act on it as soon as possible.

Best Practices in GENERAL

• NCPublicSchools.org’ s Division of School Improvement: Strategies and Best Practices
  • Some things I read all over the place that seem to apply to all subject areas: differentiation, learning styles inventories; small teacher to student ratios

Best Practices By Subject Area