Freak The Mighty – Round 1
Address each of the following questions:
1. Why is Max convinced he does not have a brain?
2. Is his assessment of himself as a “butthead” correct?
THIS is where the critical thinking starts. Address each of the following questions:
3. Do our opinions of ourselves affect what others think of us? (Explain, and give examples.)
4. Do others’ opinions of us affect how we feel about ourselves? (Explain, and give examples.)
1.Max is convinced he doesn’t have a brain because that what everyone arround him is saying, even grown peole “killer kane killer kane he had a kid without a brain”. plus he’s convinced he’s in L.D class,learning for dumbies. that the way it’s always been.
2.I don’t think he is right though in calling himself a butthead he is cutting himself short.He still knows wrong from right and his memory is sharper than he than he lets on
3.Yes, it does,your feeling on the inside often show with simple gestures, face expressions and the tone of our vocies.people pick up this vibe from you and label you accordning to that vibe.
4.Yes it dose, it dose , it often makes you question yourself, doubt yourself , almost convince yourself it’s true.because they most of pick something up/just assume some of it’s true and add on to it.
1. because kevin is always like a walking encyclopedia book.
2. he just needs to knockle down more at school and pay attention
3. no, our opinions and others opinions are 2 different things
1)Max is convinced that he doesn’t have a brain is beacuse he failed the 7th grade many times, he is low reading classes and people keep telling him that he is dumb.
2) Max’s assessment of himself as a ‘butthead’ is correct?
Max isn’t a butthead. he keep calling himself that because people might see him that way. He shouldn’t call himself that he should be say good thing about himself not to be nagative.
3) yes our opinions of ourselves do affect the way people think about us because if we say that we are dumb people belive it and start calling us dumb also.
4)others opinions affect the way we think about ourselves because if someone call you ugly you might belivie it and start changing the way you dress,or the way you do your hair. So the person that called you ugly would call you pretty
1.Max thinks he has no brain because he can’t read.
2.Not correct, he just needs to try harder.
3.No because we are who we are.
4.Yes because if we badly of ourselves we start seeing the way we live diffrently.
The cause of Max thinking he lacks a brain is cause Kevin is always thinking for him and he feels he is the muscle instead of brains and also he has stayed back before.Max suggests himself as being a “butthead” because he has no self confidence in himself as knowing anything worthwhile.Our opinions affect how people think of us by when i say 0mg i cant believe my acne has gotten this bad i go around feeling that everyone is paying attention to my face not just me and also i think that im attracting attention to it also. Yes others opinion affect me by if i was told i am dressing very ugly i think i am and i look for a way to not dress that way not thinking of if i like the way im dressing.
sorry this is Tiffany P in your third hour.
Max is convinced he doesn’t have a brain because he failed the 7th grade and people make fun of him for being so dumb.In his judgement of himself I dont think he is a “Butthead” because if he would pay attention a little more he could actually do good in school and other activites.Yes, the opinions of ourselves do affect what other people think of us,for example if I think that im annoying than other people might think im annoying.Also yes other peoples opinions of us can affect you,another example is that if other people think your fat then you are gonna think that your fat.
mack is convinced that he has no brain beacuse he cant read and he looks like hes in highschool
1.he thinks he dosn’t have a brain because he has a hard time reading and he dosn’t understand a lotof stuff.
2.he isn’t abuthead heonly thinks that because he dosn’t get some stuff.
3.it’s probablly true because if you believe your something your not youbegin to act like that and carry yourself that way.
4.theycan but it depends on the person if they have alow self esteem then what people say will matter and it can change how they act but if the dont care what people say then it wont matter
1. Max thinks he doesn’t have a brain because he is a low level reading class and he repeated the 7th grade twice.
2. Max is not a butthead. He only says he is a butthead because people tease him a lot. In his mind he is smart but he has a hard time showing it.
3. Yes, sometimes your own opinions about yourself may make people say the same things about you.
4. Yes this may affect you. If someone tells you that you are dumb and you know you are not, you tend to listen to them anyway. That affects what you may think about yourself drastically.