The Time Machine – Final Discussion
THE FINAL DISCUSSION IN TIME
If your class has not finished reading The Time Machine in class, then your homework is as follows:
Finish reading the book online (or use the book you borrowed from me and never returned, grrrrr!)
Now you can bring closure to this amazing literature experience. Accomplish this:
- Answer the following questions on your own paper. (DUE MONDAY WHEN YOU WALK IN)
- Post one of these answers to THIS blog, and respond to other’s answers. (DUE BY TUESDAY 12:00AM)
- Go to a website that sells the book, and post a review of the book. BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THE REVIEW, PRINT A COPY OF THE REVIEW YOU WILL SUBMIT TO THE WEBSITE. (DUE WEDNESDAY WHEN YOU WALK IN)
- What does the Time Traveller conclude about mankind’s intellectual advancements? Use details and information from the chapter to support your answer.
- Why does the Time Traveller decide to visit the end of the Earth? Use details and information from the chapter to support your answer.
- Why do you think that Wells doesn’t tell you what happened to the Time Traveller in the end?
Ultimately – This is what it’s all about.
PICK ONE OF THESE TO ANSWER
- What, if anything, can we learn from the novel and apply today?
- Why did Wells write the book?
- The Time Traveller concludes that humans developed into Eloi and Morlocks because they sought to do what was easy; they had most of their needs met; their conflicts were eliminated. Why is the elimination of conflict and need negative?
- How does the Time Traveller feel about the idea expressed in the following nursery rhyme? Refer to Chapter 12 for help.
Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily; life is but a dream.