REMEMBER the Tragedy.
Here’s the deal. Go to the websites listed below.
Find and read an article, or view a videocast, watch a slideshow, or listen to a podcast about 9/11 – the day of the terrorist attacks on American soil.
It may help for you to do a search at the sites. Search for “9/11”.
Take detailed notes. Reread the article, rewind the pod or videocast if you need to.
THEN, answer these questions about what you worked with:
- What is the title?
- Who created it? (author, director, producer,??)
- What kind of media? (print article, videocast, podcast)
- What website did you go to? (Use your notes)
- What is the summary of the piece you used? (Use your notes)
- What is the most striking thing you read, saw, or heard in it? (Use your notes)
- What is your reaction to your piece? (Use your notes & feelings)
This is required.
Post your work here.
Include your period number after your name (Henry J – P.1).
Choose from these sites and sources.
- CBS News
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- Discovery Times
- Miami Herald
- Sun Sentinel
This assignemnt can be downloaded. I’m testing these features:
Click to download the Word Document – remember-the-tragedy-9-11assignment.doc
1. 9-11 attack victims honored six years later
5.Relatives of 9/11/01 gathered by a nearby park by the twin towers blueprints.They stood in moment of silence, and held photos of the love ones that died.Music played and former mayor Ruby Giuliani said a speech.
6. That firefights got respiratory promblems and cancer from the toxic they inhaled from the World trade center.
7. That it is great that they still honor ones that died on september 11.
1. Title: Ceremonies of hope, of grace, and remembrances, September 11
2. Creator: MSNBC reported by: Kelly Bush, Brian Mooar, NBC news
3. Media: website article
4. Website: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20731656/
5. Summary: On September 11, 2007, across the country people mourned the 3,000 victims of the attack. This year was the last opportunity to visit ground zero in New York because it is now a construction zone. But this day was for remembering loved ones, friends, colleagues, and strangers who were lost on 9/11; keeping a promise made six years ago, “We will never forget.” Officials say the true toll of 9/11 may not be known for twenty years.
6. The most striking thing to me was that so many people paid their respects to the victims, which is a good thing. Also, another striking point is that officials say that the true toll of 9/11 may not e known for twenty years.
7. My reaction is that I think it’s a good thing. More people should pay their respects to the victims. Also, it makes America stronger.
Sorry, im really bad when it comes to procrastinating
1. The title is; Hope: Rising the from Destruction of Ground Zero
2.Courtney V. Cowart, Th.D.
3. Mine is an article
5. The article I read was about people’s feelings on what happened on that day or what some people saw. Also, they tell about what people did to honor the people that were in involved.
6. One of the most shocking things i read was about a guy who got burned when he was by the elevator when it exploded.
7. This to me was a shocking and sad peice. I never relized what some people did to honor those who were involved. Also, i was amazed to read about what people were able to see as the event was happening.
1. Sept.11,2001 is the title
2. N.R. Kleinfeild is the author
3. It is a print article
4. I went to http://www.nytimes.com
5. My article is about how september 11th hit people from all over and threories on how it happened and why. Also, what the plan on rebuliding there.
6. The most striking thing I read was that about 3,000 people died. I thought it was much less around 800.
7. My reaction to this article is that I felt even more sad about how many people died and how it was just so sudden and they coulndt really do anything about the planes coming right at them.
1. the title is “9/11”
2. it was created by Brian Bezalel
3. it’s like a slideshow of both videos and pictures with some background music.
4. found it on youtube.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDh_pvv1tUM
5. On September 11, 2007, New York City, as well as the rest of America, was under attack by terrorists from Afgahnistan. The World Trade Center was hit by hijacked planes and collasped, leaving the historic landmark, Ground Zero. Lives were lost as well as hope on that day.
6. the most striking part of the video was the real videos of the planes crashing and how ground zero looked when it was swarmed with firefighters, police, and volunteers.
7. My reaction was emotional. I suddenly remembered that day so vidid, like it was yesterday. the background music really matched the video, it was sorrowful and very emotional. I also felt very sad that other people’s lives and their family member’s lives get taken and mine were perfectly intact. I also felt very grateful that i still had my family to live with.