Literature Circle – Novel Selection
Today in class you got introduced to the novels you will have to choose from for your literature circles.
You should rate the novels from 1 – 10:
- “1” means “I would most like to read this book”, and
- “10” means “I would least like to read this book“
I will be creating Literature Circle groups based on your preferences. Click the titles below to read some reviews. When you get to the page where the reviews should be, you may have to scroll down a bit. Reviews are on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
Here are the titles for you to choose from:
- ______ – The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- ______ – Scorpions by Walter Dean Myers
- ______ – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- ______ – Night by Ellie Wiesel
- ______ – Tunes for Bears to Dance To by Robert Cormier
- ______ – Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston and James D. Houston
- ______ – Nothing But the Truth by Avi
- ______ – Monster by Walter Dean Myers
After you give me your preferences (1-10), I will determine the literature circle groups.
Tomorrow, we will be talking about the Unit 5 Menu Options, and possible get into the first piece from Unit 5. I look forward to seeing you all in class.