Unit 5 Literature Pieces
So, you have Menu items due December 10th. They were due on December 5th (uh . . . this Friday), but we are a little behind schedule (these things happen in middle school). Here is the list of stories we have read and will read that you can use for your work on the Unit 5 Menu Items.
We have covered these either in part or in whole by this Friday, December 5th, 2008. All class/home work related to these items is due completed by Monday December 8th, 2008.
- Paul Revere’s Ride by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow – Narrative Poetry
- from Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose – Nonfiction about Lewis & Clark
- The Flower-fed Buffaloes by Vachel Lindsay – Poetry
- Bike A Historic Trail by Dennis Cello – Magazine Article
- War Party by Louise L’Amour -Historical Fiction
- The Other Pioneers by Roberto Felix Salazar – Poetry
We will cover these either in part or in whole by December 10th. Anything we do not get to in class, you are responsible to have at minimum read by the menu item due date, December 10th, 2008.
- from Harriet Tubman: Conductor on the Underground Railroad by Ann Petry – Biography
- Letter to Harriet Tubman by Frederick Douglas – Letter
- Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman – Biography
- O Captain, My Captain by Walt Whitman – Poetry
- A Fable by Mark Twain – Fable
- The Million-Pound Bank Note by Mark Twain