Voting is CLOSED! Vocabulary List #8 – Here we go again!!
Voting is closed; the results are in. You will be tested on the following ten words tomorrow:
Create your free online surveyswith SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
Here we go again. Expand your personal lexicon (extra credit anyone?). List 8 is coming atcha.
Allow me to remind you:
- I am not giving credit to people who offer definitions with a form of the word in the definition. If you don’t know what awkward means, you STILL don’t know what awkwardly means. Get it?
- Awkwardly – (adv.) when something is done in an awkward way.
- I am also not giving credit for SYNONYMS as definitions. Synonyms can be used for EXTRA CREDIT.
Today in class when you finished the test on List #7, again you read to find one (1) word in your own personal reading that I might have chosen to include on a vocabulary list. Remember, it should not be specialized field specific terminology (jargon- extra credit anyone?). In order to offer a word, the following pertinent information had to be recorded in your notebook:
- Sentence: the actual sentence from the passage with your word underlined with proper citation (Book or Magazine or Article Title and Issue, Author, Page #)
- Denotation: Dictionary Definition with Part of Speech (as used in the sentence)
- Other Forms of the word (and their parts of speech)
- SENTENCE: The exuberant crowd jumped out of its seats when the goal was scored.
- Denotation: exuberant (adjective) abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.
- FORMS: ex·u·ber·ant·ly adverb; o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective; o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb; un·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective; un·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb
So, with your help, we’ll select 15 words from to make the next list. The master list for the 8th Vocabulary Test will be posted by the end of today hopefully. If your word was chosen, you must post the pertinent information for your word to this discussion. NOW!
Charts are due FRIDAY. Artifacts are due next Monday.