Items of the week – Bullying – Do this assignment or I’ll steal your lunch money
With too many causes to list, bullying needs to be dealt with. Here we are!! Let’s get it together to find a solution together. This is a topic NOT to be treated lightly. We will likely spend a couple of weeks on this. What’s the solution? Is the solution to bully the bully? I don’t think so. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. One of my idols, Ghandi, said that. We need to pay attention to him, to each other, and to our own behaviors. I believe that. What are we doing to contribute to the problem? How can we contribute to the solution instead?
Parents – If you are willing and able to participate in this discussion, I want you to. Before you post to this discussion, please go to the following link and post your agreement to my terms – Preparing to Post to THE DISCUSSIONS. Your child will make sure you do what needs to get done in order for you to be prepared to post. Thanks 🙂 .
Here is a series of tasks for you to complete.
- First – Students Only –
- Watch and take notes. Turn in your notes. You need one note for each slide (28 notes total) PDF/Powerpoint- Bullying in Middle Schools:What schools need to know
- Read the page and add to your notes above – Types of Bullying
- Talk about what you think, feel, know. . .
- about your personal experience.
- a person being bullied should do.
- a person is expected to do who KNOWS about someone else being bullied.
- we can do to help a bully stop bullying.