2112 & Anthem by Ayn Rand
We continued our preparation to read Anthem by Ayn Rand with an introductory read of 2112 by RUSH.
- Read the lyrics of the song “2112” by Rush carefully.
- After reading, answer questions that follow. You may write your responses on your paper – use the back if you need more space. While there are no “right” or “wrong” answers, remember that there are always thoughtful and shallow responses (think deep!).
- You will share your responses with the class as we prepare to have a seminar style open discussion on the ideas presented in this song.
|Responses to Questions||Thorough, thoughtful,based in the reading,insightful, original||Thorough, thoughtful,based in the reading||Incomplete, not based inthe reading, and/orshallow|
- Which is more important—being an individual or being part of a group? Explain.
- What makes you unique? What makes you similar to others?
- Write a brief summary of the song. What is the theme or main idea? (Do NOT say you don’t “get it” or respond “I don’t know”! If you are unsure, do the best you can.)
Discussion Rubric is here – Whole Class Discussion Rubric.
Here’s the video . . .