Anthem by Ayn Rand & American Politics
Research any connections you can find between American politics and Ayn Rand’s literature. What influence has her work had on the United States, the citizens of the United States, politics in the United States? Has her influence been positive, negative or negligible?
Have any politicians made reference to her work? Who are they? What could this mean?
Look to the following sources for help with this: politico.com, motherjones.com, alternet.org, theatlantic.com, thefederalist.com. Also, use the following phrases exactly in your favorite search engine:
- ayn rand democratic party
- ayn rand republican party
- ayn rand libertarian party
- ayn rand tea party
- ayn rand american politics
Check your sources so you know WHY they say what they say. Are they deliberately supportive or not supportive? What is their motivation for being on this OR that side of the topic?
Make sure you answer the following questions in your post.
- What influence has Ayn Rand’s work had on the United States, the citizens of the United States, politics in the United States?
- Have any politicians made reference to her work?
- Who are the politicians who have been influenced by her literature?
- What have politicians said about her and/or her literature?
- Are they deliberately supportive or not supportive?
- What could this mean for the future of the country?
- What are the strong held beliefs of these politicians?
- Has her influence been positive, negative or negligible?
- What is your position about individuals rights and responsibilities?
- How does your position relate to Ayn Rand’s ideas?
- How can your create change in the future based on your ideas and beliefs?
Post your findings (cited properly) to your own website or to this discussion. Please, please, please check your work before you post anything to your site. This assignment should be a POST.