VOTE NOW!! Vocabulary List #7
Here are the ten words: ululation, plasticity, bewilderment, unfettered, recluse, belligerent, delinquent, noire, wonted, skeptically.
Here is something I threw together to show you how you could prove mastery in one fell swoop.
The ululation soothingly took me on a drift of plasticity in my dream of changing landscapes. I awoke in a shocking state of bewilderment with a surprisingly unfettered recluse – normally wonted to stay on his own – screaming in my face. They don’t tend to be the fighting type, but the belligerence I saw made it clear to me that the delinquent created quite a noire situation.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
Here we go again. Expand your personal lexicon (extra credit anyone?). List 7 is coming atcha.
Allow me to remind you:
- I am not giving credit to people who offer definitions with a form of the word in the definition. If you don’t know what awkward means, you STILL don’t know what awkwardly means. Get it?
- Awkwardly – (adv.) when something is done in an awkward way.
- I am also not giving credit for SYNONYMS as definitions. Synonyms can be used for EXTRA CREDIT.
Today in class when you finished the test on List #6, you read to find one (1) word in your own personal reading that I might have chosen to include on a vocabulary list. Remember, it should not be specialized field specific terminology (jargon – hmm that could be an extra credit word). In order to offer a word, the following pertinent information had to be recorded in your notebook:
- Sentence: the actual sentence from the passage with your word underlined with proper citation (Book or Magazine or Article Title and Issue, Author, Page #)
- Denotation: Definition & Part of Speech (as used in the sentence)
- Forms of the word (and their parts of speech)
- SENTENCE: The exuberant crowd jumped out of its seats when the goal was scored.
- Denotation: exuberant (adjective) abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.
- FORMS: ex·u·ber·ant·ly adverb; o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective; o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb; un·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective; un·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb
SO, with your help, we’ll select 5 words from each block for a total of 15 words on the list. The master list for the 7th Vocabulary Test will be posted by the end of today hopefully. If your word was chosen, you must post the pertinent information for your word to this discussion. NOW!
Charts are due FRIDAY. Artifacts are due next Monday.