“Right Here.”

Ever bother to think about how good you have it? I think about it a lot. Over the years, I’ve heard of so many ways to help other people.

“Right Now.”

I’d heard about Freerice.com from a student who came by this very website to send a hello over. I read about Jewish World Watch and their back pack program in an issue of Parenting magazine. I thought, “I can use this . . . and so can others.”

“Watching the world wake up from history.”

Then I thought, “How could anyone do something if they decided to?”

It comes to this for me.

Whatever I find, I place on this page. Got a suggestion? Post a comment to this page. If it fits with me and this page . . . it’s in. That simple.

Want to help in some way?

• Share Our Strength –  works to solve the problem of hunger among American children. They say, “We weave together a net of community groups, activists and food programs to catch children at risk of hunger and surround them with nutritious food where they live, learn and play” (About Share Our Strength). Some of their programs are here.
  • Charity Navigator “America’s premier independent charity evaluator, works to advance a more efficient and responsive philanthropic marketplace by evaluating the financial health of over 5,300 of America’s largest charities.” – http://charitynavigator.org/
  • Jewish World Watch – “works to mobilize synagogues, their schools, their members and the community to combat genocide and other egregious violations of human rights around the world through education, advocacy, and refugee relief.
  • United Nations World Food Program – WFP is the United Nations frontline agency in the fight against global hunger. Operations aim to: Save lives in refugee crises and other emergencies; Improve nutrition and quality of life of world’s most vulnerable people at critical times in their lives; and Enable development by (a) helping people build assets that benefit them directly; (b) promoting the self-reliance of poor people and communities. Some of their programs include: Free Rice . Com,
    • Nothing But Nets – “Nothing But Nets is a grassroots campaign to save lives by preventing malaria, a leading killer of children in Africa. While the UN Foundation has been working with the UN to fight malaria for years, it was a column that Rick Reilly wrote about malaria in Sports Illustrated, challenging each of his readers to donate at least $10 for the purchase of an anti-malaria bed nets — and the incredible response from thousands of Americans across the country — that led to the creation the Nothing But Nets campaign.”
  • Independent Charities of America (ICA) – Association of national charities working in every area of philanthropy, serving as a resource for locating charities and giving online.

Want to stop those callers so you can focus on the things you want to give your time to?

==== Right Here, Right Now ====

by Jesus Jones (hear the song!!!)

A woman on the radio talked about revolution
when it’s already passed her by
Bob Dylan didn’t have this to sing about you
you know it feels good to be alive

I was alive and I waited, waited
I was alive and I waited for this
Right here, right now
there is no other place I want to be
Right here, right now
watching the world wake up from history

I saw the decade in, when it seemed
the world could change at the blink of an eye
And if anything
then there’s your sign… of the times

I was alive and I waited, waited
I was alive and I waited for this
Right here, right now

I was alive and I waited, waited
I was alive and I waited for this
Right here, right now
there is no other place I want to be
Right here, right now
watching the world wake up from history

Right here, right now
there is no other place I want to be
Right here, right now
watching the world wake up from history

Right here, right now
there is no other place I want to be
Right here, right now
watching the world wake up…