Year of the Hangman – Wrap it up! Talk to me, people.
Hello. Thanks so much to all of you who participated in The Year of the Hangman Book Discussion. I know that I learned a lot from this process, and I hope that you also thought it was a worthwhile experience. I would love to hear your feedback on the project.
Here are some questions for you to consider for feedback. Please offer an answer to as many of the questions below as possible. The more you answer of them the better, and the more thorough your answer the better. Be specific. Be clear. Be kind.
- What did you like about the project? Be specific.
- What did you not like about the project? Be specific.
- If you didn’t post often – why not?
- What did you think of the questions each week?
- Would you like to have seen a discussion on a topic from the book that I did not pose? If ‘yes’, then – What would you like to have discussed? Be specific.
- Did you perfer one big question (like the one for Week 4) or would you rather have choice from multiple questions (like we did in Weeks 1 through 3)?
- Would you like more interaction with the author?
- Did you like the additional links to learn more about some of the topics and characters in the novel?
- Would you like to do a project like this again? Why or why not?
I will be doing this sort of thing again soon with a book called The Book Without Words by Avi. Avi is author of the award winning novel Crispin: The Cross of Lead (Newberry Winner 2003). He has written more than fifty books for various audiences.
Check out the book blog for The Book Without Words at ___To Be Set Up Soon___ . I have some ideas that I think will make this book blog even more interactive so check it out.
Again, please drop me a line at email@example.com if you have any comments, suggestions, or questions.
Thanks so much. Please post your response to the above questions to this discussion thread.
Westpine Middle School