The Hobbit Chapters 1-4
REMINDER…We have completed reading through CHAPTER 14 in class….
Chapter Requirements include all of the following:
- Prediction: Based on the title of the chapter and everything you know from previous chapters, you must make a prediction concerning what you think will happen in the coming chapter.
- Vocabulary: Whether there is 1 term for the chapter or 11, you must complete columns of the graphically organized Vocabulary Chart: Word, Personal Clue, Sentence from The Hobbit, Definition that matches the word’s use in the sentence from The Hobbit.
- Guided Reading Questions: All questions covering the content of the given chapter must be answered in RADE format: Reword the question as part of the answer; Give your ANSWER tot he question in your own words; Provide DIRECT QUOTATION DETAILS from the chapter to support your answer; EXPLAIN your thinking to prove your support.
- Summary: Write 1 SUMMARY covering all essential information using one of three methods: SWBST (least detail and fewest points posible; PLOT DIAGRAM (moderate amount of detail and medium amount of points possible; or SUMMARY PARAGRAPH (most detail and most points posible).
- Discusion Opportunity: Pick 1 of the available DISCUSION TOPIC OPPORTUNITIES. You must address every part of the question, refer to specific detials/events from the text, and extend your thinking to real world situation(s).
Today, March 9th, students walked into a POP Quiz on Chapters 1-4.
All chapter requirements should be fulfilled by the end of today. I will continue collecting grades for any work from Chapters 1-4. We will continue with Chapter 5 Monday.
Presentations will resume next week as well. AND…
Don’t forget that you picked your 4 favorite Projects. We will start work on those soon.
Latest posts by Mr Moshé (see all)
- The Hobbit – Chapters 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 – Finish the book at HOME. - May 3, 2018
- The Hobbit Chapters 1-4 - March 9, 2018
- The Hobbit Chapter 1 – Vocabulary, Guided Reading, Summary (SWBST), Discussion Topic - February 18, 2018