Contact

What is on your mind?

Who maintains this website?

6 thoughts on “Contact

• January 13, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Permalink

Mr. Moshe,

Thank you for creating a wonderful blog with some AWESOME resources. Thank you for making these accessible and sharing like a great teacher does. I’ve been looking for some new idea with Anne Frank: The play and your anticipation guide and webquest are a great way to begin the unit especially since so many students are just learning about the Holocaust in grades 6-8. I also enjoyed reading about your argumentative essay topics as well. Great connections to common core standards.

Here is the link to my blog if you ever run across anything you like or would like more information about feel free to contact me.
    http://hayes8th.blogspot.com/2013/01/anne-frank-ag-webquest.html

Reply
  • October 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    Permalink

where is the unit 2 post mr.moshe, i need it now. please.

Reply
    • November 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM
      Permalink

OMAR,

Fist, never post your full name or anything specifically identifiable to a web page. From now on only post Omar V2 as your name. Thanks.
      We have not begun the Nonfiction Unit yet. Here’s the breakdown: (1)Warm Up: Brief Persuasive Writing on Contemporary Issues; (2) Dear: Vocab and Journal Starters; (3) Homework Reminders; (4) Grammar: NY Edits; (5)Diagnostic Test Check and Data Crunch
      (1) Warm Ups: Persuasive Writing Prompts: From this point until further notice will be responding to persuasive writing prompts that allow students to take a stand on sometimes controversial issues.
      (2) DEAR: As you can see, we have started into the 2-week cycle for Student-Driven Vocabulary List #4. List making and voting occurred yesterday. I can not actually close the poll as I am test driving a new poll tool (Google Drive), but be assured that voting closed – only 25 students voted. Charts and Artifacts are due this Friday 11/8, and the test will be next Friday 11/15.
      (3) Homework Reminders: Approach Papers are due 12/4, the next one is due at the end of Jan; MLK Art & Writing Essays due 11/8; AotW due Fridays; Read 20 minutes every night
      (4) GRAMMAR (NY Edits): I have started the classes on a grammar program called NY Edits. They are composed of 3 part lessons; each lesson with a specific focus. Yesterday, we began capitalization with some notes contained within a mini lesson. Today we will do some practice on numbered items, and tomorrow, we will do a full edit on a structured paragraph.
      (6) Diagnostic Tests Check & Data Crunch: Finally, we have begun a detailed check of the Diagnostic Tests we took int he first few weeks of school. Work we do with the Diagnostic Tests is the core of the block in all the classes.

Reply
  • April 5, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    Permalink

Mr. Moshe,
    I am intrigued by Task #5, and would find it to be a great resource in the classroom. However, for the anticipation guide, they refer to a text to read for the chart. Is this a portion of the novel, or is there an accompanying article?
    Thank you so much for your response!

Reply
  • September 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    Permalink

Mr. Moshe,
    When is the essay due in your class?

Reply
    • September 17, 2014 at 10:16 AM
      Permalink

Thursday (Rough Drafts) . . . Final Drafts are due Friday.

Reply