The Hound of the Baskervilles Discussion #1
Before you get to the question you have to understand that this is a discussion, and that you will be graded for “discussing” . You might be wondering, “How do you grade ‘discussing’, Mr. Moshé?” Well, here’s what you have to do.
- Answer the Discussion Question completely (50%).
- Respond to at least one classmate’s answer (50%).
- A response to a classmate must be substantial.
- Substantial means having something to add to another’s comment:
- agreement with explanation,
- disagreement with explanation,
- add something completely new.
Here’s the question:
Why did Doyle choose Watson to narrate Hound instead of having Holmes tell the story himself? What are the benefits and drawbacks of doing it this way?
Be advised that I will not go through how to answer every question. You must get into the practice of answering every part of a question.
Now, go ahead to your class discussion by clicking the link for your period: