VOTE NOW!! Vocabulary 3QTR WKS 1-2 – VOTE NOW!!
Here they are!!! Your votes made the list. How’s THAT for students running the classroom.
I’m sure you’ll do fine. You have prepared so well!!!
I have moved the test day to February 7, 2011 – That will be next MONDAY.
VOTE NOW for the 10 words you would like to see on the test.
Scroll down, and post your comment!!!!! Do it NOW. Let your voice be heard!!
Pick from these fifteen: extrapolate, consternation, enumerate, pungent, dismal, rendezvous, steerage, adamant, insinuate, incandescent, aplomb, retort, indigenous, geisha, tableau, – AND FOR EXTRA CREDIT, propaganda, atrocity
We had a very productive day. Here are the choices by block. Pick 5 from each block to create the list of 15 words. VOTE NOW!
The 3rd vocabulary list is taking shape RIGHT NOW. Here are your due dates.
- MONDAY, 1/31/11 – VOCABULARY CHARTS are due.
- WEDNESDAY, 1/31/2011 – VOCABULARY ARTIFACTS (you can find some ideas by clicking here) are due.
- FRIDAY, 2/4/2011 – VOCABULARY TEST #3.
Today in class, you began to read to find one (1) word in your own personal reading that I might have chosen to include on a vocabulary list. Remember, it should not be specialized field specific terminology. The following pertinent information had to be recorded in your notebook:
- The actual sentence from the passage with your word underlined with proper citation (Book or Magazine or Article Title and Issue, Author, Page #)
- Definition & Part of Speech (as used in the sentence)
- Forms of the word (and their parts of speech)
- exuberant (adjective) abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.
- The exuberant crowd jumped out of its seats when the goal was scored.
- ex·u·ber·ant·ly adverb
- o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective
- o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb
- un·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective
- un·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb
We will decide on the final list of words in the next three days. With your help, I will be selecting 5 words from each block for a total of 15 words on the list. I really hope you get ready for the test this time.
The master list for the 3rd Vocabulary Test will be posted by Wednesday, 1/26/2011). If your word is chosen, you must post the pertinent information for your word to this discussion.