What was your Spring Break like?
Today we will focus on CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER, CAUSE AND EFFECT, THE FIVE SENSES, and use of TRANSITIONAL WORDS.
You will take out 2 sheets of paper. Your goal – Write to explain what you did over your Spring Break, AND, if need be embellish.
Your writing must:
- Be structured into separate paragraphs. See the outline suggestion below.
- Be written in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER, although you may use flashback in the final draft. Other , metaphors, and other literary devices within your wriitng.
- Show your understanding of Cause/Effect relationships
- Integrate us of the five senses – Imagery
Things to think about before you start drafting might include:
- Did an event last a few days?
- Did an individual day have multiple events?
- Think about how you may want to structure the whole thing AFTER you get all the memories on paper.
Here is a suggested outline:
- Body 1 – Last Day of School
- Body 2 – First event of Break
- Give us details concerning what you did for this. . . .
- Why did you do this? you had to? you wanted to? you needed to?
- What did you see? Who was there?
- Where were you? When did this happen?
- What did you hear? music? crying babies? laughter?
- What did you smell? baby poop? changing diapers…icky…
- What did you taste? food? what foods?
- What did you touch? the grass? trees? other people’s hearts?
- What did you think about it all? This could be your main idea sentence for this section!!
- What about this event connected or led to other parts of the event?
- Then transition to the next event.
- Hit all these questions to the best of your ability for EACH thing you did (Body 3,4,5,,etc.)
- Body 3 – Second event of break
- Body 4 – Third event of break
- Body 5 – fourth, Fifth, Sixth? How many things did you do?
Your Autobiographical Spring Break Review must be
- 25% of grade – PLANNED – Sheet of paper #1 – Use the outline suggestion above to help you plan.
- 25% of grade – DRAFTED on PAPER – Sheet of paper #2.
- 25% of grade – PROOFED by at least one peer. – Essay Revision Sheet Style.
- 25% of grade – POSTED to your websites and submitted to me by Wednesday evening midnight.