VOTE NOW!!! Vocabulary 3QTR WKS 3-4 – VOTE NOW!!!
Which 10 words would you like to be tested on? POST your comment below.
anguish, cresting, oscillating, imperceptible, covenant, flecked, facetiousness, superlative, pandemonium, protestation, espionage, chagrin, insuperable, depict, deference, spontaneously.
OK, I’m just trying this voting thing out with the buttons. Give it a shot.
VOTE RIGHT HERE in this post, or scroll down and type the words out.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
We decided on the fifteen words you have to study. Here they are:
- These words have not had their details posted (7): protestation, espionage, chagrin, insuperable, depict, deference, spontaneously.
- The chart details are posted for these words (9): anguish, cresting, oscillating, imperceptible, covenant, flecked, facetiousness, superlative, pandemonium.
Allow me to remind you that I am not giving credit to people who offer definitions with a form of the word in the definition. That certainly doesn’t help. For instance, if I don’t know what awkward means, I STILL don’t know what awkwardly means. Get it? See below.
Awkwardly – (adv.) when something is done in an awkward way.
So, you may very well be able to start voting for the actual test words Monday. The sooner I have most of the words posted, the sooner I can open it up to voting.
Today in class, you began to read to find one (1) word in your own personal reading that I might have chosen to include on a vocabulary list. Remember, it should not be specialized field specific terminology. The following pertinent information had to be recorded in your notebook:
- The actual sentence from the passage with your word underlined with proper citation (Book or Magazine or Article Title and Issue, Author, Page #)
- Definition & Part of Speech (as used in the sentence)
- Forms of the word (and their parts of speech)
- exuberant (adjective) abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.
- The exuberant crowd jumped out of its seats when the goal was scored.
- ex·u·ber·ant·ly adverb
- o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective
- o·ver·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb
- un·ex·u·ber·ant, adjective
- un·ex·u·ber·ant·ly, adverb
We also decided on the final list of words. With your help, we selected 5 words from each block for a total of 15 words on the list. I really really really really hope more of you get ready for the test THIS time.
The master list for the 3rd Vocabulary Test will be posted by the end of this weekend. If your word was chosen, you must post the pertinent information for your word to this discussion. NOW.