Rubrics

I tend to use a lot of rubrics for my own purposes, but I have found that with this array of rubrics at my students’ disposal, children can be helped toward new understandings. Rubrics are no good by themselves, though. I most frequently present a rubric with sample products I keep in class.

Below are only rubrics. After the list of RUBRICS, you will see links to SUBPAGES where you can see only a few samples. Over time, I will provide more samples for your use. Never give a rubric and nothing more. Start with the end in  mind, and provide examples of exemplary work. In some cases, rubrics you find below are designed for use with specific novels, stories, purposes. They can easily be modified to suit your needs and content.

6 thoughts on “Rubrics

• October 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    Permalink

Fix the TV commercial link

Reply
  • November 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    Permalink

what is the link for the editorial cartoon?

Reply
    • November 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM
      Permalink

This information is right off my Fiction page. Go there for hyperlinks.

Rubric – Editorial Cartoon
      Editorial Cartoons are not easy to pull off. I suggest you read about them before you decide to do one of these.
      Read about EDITORIAL Cartoons here (Quick Lesson), and you have to know what SATIRE is.

Reply
  • November 12, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    Permalink

There is not movie trailer rubric would you like me to print out the movie trailers scrip rubric

Reply
    • November 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM
      Permalink

If you follow the links in the menu on the Fiction Unit page, you will find this . . . It is a Book trailer essentially..Everything you need is accessible through my page. The night before your assignment is due? You should have asked me about this a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. You can get the hyperlinks off the Fiction Unit page. Look for this text in the menu for your assignment.

Here’s a How to WEBPAGE. It’ll get you into the works of a project like this.

Reply